WHERE ARE YOU??

• 106 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi, To everyone reading this, I'd like to ask you the above question!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not wanting to break any rules of course, so I'm not asking "where" as in what part of the country, or even "what" country.

I was looking in the DISCUSSION 'S list for the "Incorrigibles" (Incurable is of course is the actual name) Group, to see what was happening and it suddenly dawned on me!                     With this new upgraded site, it actually tells you how many people have actually viewed the topic! Some topics have over 600 views but only 10-18 replies, others have 300 or more views but only 8 or so actual replies. Please have a look and you will know what I mean!

What I would like to know is "Where Are All the People Who Viewed?"  Most of all " Why haven't you contributed to the discussion?"

Just think, there would be no discussions to read if others didn't reply!! Go on, make it a New Year Resolution to reply to even every 5th, 10th or even 20th view you read. Then the site will go from strength to strength with more people participating!!! That would be fantastic!

Have a great week and an extra special Christmas! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Nice idea - hope it works...

Merry Christmas anndanv (& now I can read 10 posts before replying to one - wondering how many people are REALLY relieved at THAT... hahahaha)

Stay Strong 

SiT

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

sounds a great idea some people just like to read and not reply is how it is x

• Thanks SIT & Donc, Yes I remember just reading the posts for the first month or so after i joined the forum here, not sure about joining in but then I started to feel guilty and ticked the "like" button.

Now SIT you werent meant to take the numbers literally as you very well know! Lol! That was for folks who have never replied to a post, just to get them started!

Merry Christmas to all,, especially ur "phantom readers" please let us know to quote the CSI song "WHO ARE YOU? OH OH!  OH OH!"

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I see what you mean there are hundreds of views. It is good people are reading the posts. I will try and reply more I just don’t know what to say sometimes and whether what I am saying is helpful.

I hope everyone has the best Christmas they can. We are disappointed as we will now not see out son who is in London and haven’t seen him since the summer when we sat in the garden. We will have my daughter and her fiancée for lunch. We don’t go anywhere and they have been tested.

plots of love 

Ruth 

• Hello all, don't be confused, Anndanv is not making a request, this is a nicely written demand. She can be fearsome when roused so put a few posts in and she will tick you off her list!

• I hope I've been ticked off Annette's list Norberry. Stuck out tongue winking eye

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi anndanv, I have to agree with you so many people on this site but only a few use it, a few times I have looked at members and think where are they?? and I also think the site needs to grow and go from strength to strength.

Anyway I'm  going off air for a few days so everybody enjoy your xmas 

HAVE A LOVELY DAY ALL AND HERE'S TO A MUCH BETTER 2021, FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED FOR EVERYONE

MERRY XMAXSantaGiftSnowman2

XX

• I am guilty of this I’m afraid. Although I am very active in the lung group, I do tend to just read and not reply in the incorrigibles.  I have taken note - hence this reply. I will endeavour to reply more often. 
    Grin

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Annette 

I wasn't aware of that, no idea because I have selected "by date" and as I always use my phone, I'm limited as to actual width. I turned my phone round to a landscape view which gives me more info. 

As for the amount of views, I remember reading that any Joe public can read our posts, they don't need to have joined the community so they can't reply which is why we don't use our real names. 

Hope this goes some way to understanding why some posts have hundreds, if not thousands of replies. 

Thanks Annette for highlighting that, perhaps I'll use my tablet to get even more info.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • . I’m unsure how the views work, discrete users or every time someone returns to the conversation. I.e. I’ve been wondering and following this thread so I might count for numerous views, perhaps that could be a suggestion to moderators to identify how many users are interested in a thread