For friends here less fortunate.

• 12 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hello all,

I don't wish to become maudlin in the face of quite a lot of recent good news and success stories.

I would just like to say that I am too aware that we have members on here who are facing a lot of adversity and they are foremost in my mind and I expect in other peoples thoughts too. 

I would like to think that everyone's hopes can in some way give these more unfortunate chums a bit of strength to help them face their immediate and short term future.

I know we are all up against it but some are living in a nightmare. Please can they have a bit of luck themselves.

Forgive me for preaching, its not meant to come across like that, I just wanted to say what was on my mind. ( I had my Zoladex yesterday, it must have been a double dose!)

I am looking forwards to more success and good news next year.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have to say I agree with you on this one it's hard.to find support sometimes when things are going wrong and people want positive news some of us don't have that to give so stay silent I hope that all the folk on all the cancer sites find some peace and hope as well as a helping hand when needed if anyone ever needs to talk I'm always ready to listen no positivity neededx

• Thank you Poppy1955. You have sorted out my badly thought out and written post and said exactly what I wanted to say.

• Hi 

Wow, that's a statement straight from your heart Norberry, sensitive and caring. 

I'd like to echo your thoughts on supporting those who are not in as good health as some of us yet somehow they are standing proud in our eyes. I wish everyone the best of health and happiness for next year and would love everyone to be here this time next year. Please. Please. Please.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Thanks Tvman, you know who these people are, you have shared stories with them for years. They are the no fuss, mustn't grumble crowd who always ask after others, what would we do without them Thats my big selfish worry.

I just suddenly post these thoughts and then worry about what I have just said.

I want for these people that which you have said before, dozens of arms around their shoulders to help with the pain and anxiety.

Got to stop now, otherwise water damage to my pad!

• Hi 

Don't worry about posting your thoughts Norberry, there's nothing but sensitivity in them, you don't need to be concerned about them at all.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Right with you as difficult as this is for all of us, some of our group are dealing with unimaginable challenges and there isn't going to be any good news for them. I hope against hope that everyone finds the love and support they need for some comfort, relief from symptoms and some peace of mind.

xx

• WELL. SAID!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    1. I try not to start the day off in tears but you got me.  It is a beautiful thought.  I feel very blessed to have such a supportive family and even more blessed to have the support of this community.    I think when you are worried and you can come here to ask the hard questions it is such a help -there is such love and support and caring.  Thank you Norberry for making us think of each other x
  • Hello MazLC.

The people on here saved my bacon. I was crying all the time and really causing a lot of distress  to my wife.

Once I joined this community I had immediate support and empathy and people were suggesting ways to handle what was happening to me, not just my body but my mental state.

I cannot believe the difference it made. Of course I still have a sniff, nice to feel sorry for myself now and again.

You have had an awful year but your medical team will have plenty of plans for you, thats their business and they are pretty damned good at it.

I didn't have to ask people to think of those suffering, they are supporting people on here 24 / 7 anyway, I just had a moment and was desperate to put my thoughts down.

Here to a massively better new year for you. Xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

And to you Norberry.  I find in some ways it is good to know the diagnosis - it is the unknown that is frightening