Hospice again

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I have barely posted as I'm just too weak, but I do think it might help so am going to try!

Received some lovely advice on here about a hospice stay before, which persuaded me to go. That got me stronger, but this time I have no idea whether it will be the same again or I will actually be able to let go.

I am so very weak now and live alone, they have now mentioned something called "home hospice" which I was unaware of.

The wheels are in motion and hopefully there will be a space for me tomorrow or Monday.

• Hi

Sorry to hear you are feeling so weak, but good on you for posting. It must be hard to live on your own and feel so incapacitated, so hospice must be a welcome option for you. You may not have seen the thread re but she too is currently in a hospice and, by the sounds of it, having great care from a dedicated team. I hope that is your experience too, and it is good that your last experience there was a positive one. Hope the place comes free for you tomorrow,

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I do hope there’s a place for you in the hospice on Monday. You can let go and let the nurses take care of you.  I’m in the hospice and I’m so well cared for. The food is good and they manage my symptoms- especially the pain. I think home hospice means giving you support in your own home so you can stay there. Some people prefer this. 

Lots of love 

Daloni 

• Hi Cesca,

I cannot imagine how you are coping on your own and in your situation.  it most be extremely isolating, especially given the situation with the coronavirus at the moment.  I know that the hospice will try very hard to assist you, hopefully in the hospice itself but if that is not possible via the hospice at home service.  Now that they are involved I hope that things get much more comfortable for you.

Love ad hugs,

Gragon x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Hi , and

Thank you for your encouragement. This really is scary now, I don't feel like my mind is my own at the moment,

Getting ready packed etc. feels like a nightmare ask, but I do feel deep down I need to be somewhere where the huge responsibility of keeping going is a problem shared. I feel like I could sleep for a week once I get there!

I will keep you posted xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

No word from the hospice and I am getting weaker. My friend chased it up for me and they are having an admissions meeting tomorrow.

Also got an odd call from the Palliative Care team about home equipment, I don't know whether they would prefer me to be at home. I would prefer to be at home, but I'm not going to be able to get myself out of bed soon so I am staying positive that the hospice will have a space for me.

• You tell them what you prefer Cesca, if it can be done they should do it, either letting you stay at home and supporting you there or going into the hospice for a while to build up your strength. Keep your good friend on the case.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

Thank you , I will do. She is invaluable! Slight smile

• FormerMember

Hi ,

I do hope you hear from the hospice soon. It’s always like this in my experience. It just takes longer than we are led to believe. Do keep your friend on the case too.
    with love and hugs xxxx

• FormerMember

Thanks , as you are in the hospice I am sure you can understand I just want to be in there so I can rest. I hope you are doing just that! Thank you for your support xxx

• FormerMember

Yes, , I totally get it. When I was desperate to be admitted first they tried for Friday, then Monday and finally Tuesday I made it. And yes I’m now just resting. I’m stunned by how little energy I have. I’m right behind you xxxx