How do i get into this

• 41 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Well i do not know what i am doing

• Hi ,

You did manage to post last night in reply to ,  just after midnight, you are the fourth post in this discussion on page 1.

Gragon.

• Oh Gragon, know doubt we will all find our way round, that made me laugh,  use you as a guinea pig,. mine is a laptop

its like an old pair of shoes, takes time to get used to new ones.

Thanks for the information.

Take Care Ellie xx

• why did that not go under the thread i was on who knows

• whilst vote up is like previous thumbs up, i feel vote down is a bit harsh, unless it's to sympathise with someone and not liking situation rather than post

• Hi ,

I think  mentioned that it is something that came with the site and on one of the help pages I read Macmillan asked people not to use the down button and they were hoping to get rid of it.

I don't usually get notifications and when I came on this site today I again turned them off but I appear to get them now when someone clicks the reply button on my post no matter who thy were replying to in the thread and when my name is tagged.  The site appears to have turned notifications back on for me?  Maybe I didn't do it correctly.  I got two emails regarding your last post to me YoungMan, one saying that you had replied to me and one saying that you had mentioned me in a post.

I am getting very confused.  Does this mean we don't need to tag the person if we are replying directly to their post in the thread?  How do I keep notifications turned off?

I'm not really expecting any direct clarification by the way, at least not immediately as I'm sure the site has several members called Gremlin just now.  (I hope I did not just inadvertently tag someone here)

Wishing you all the best,

Gragon 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Me and you both Ellie 73 not sure about this at all. Will need to find my way around it .x

• Hi Gragon, I haven’t turned any notifications off for me, so can’t answer from personal experience.

You have probably read what the notifications help was for turning them off in settings on your profile but I will put a link below incase

https://community.macmillan.org.uk/help_section/w/using-the-community/443/my-profile-and-settings

Its a very long list and 3 sections so I’m wondering if you didn’t go all the way down or whether it’s a glitch or time lag. 

The reply notifications on the right of this discussion is only for this discussion I believe, I’ve turned a few old discussion ones off when I’ve been replying to groups I don’t usually go into.

Tagging a person, before this change it was a bit erroneous as if you had already contributed to the thread you would get an email, but I found if I was tagged I got a notification quickly as sometimes the old platform that was used lagged behind by hours sometimes even the next day. 

i hope this helps 

Take care KT

• i turned mine of as well and have just cleared another nine

• Hello gragon, I found it easy to log on after 25 goes at resetting my password! I then cried a bit and passed it over.

Naturally Mrs norberry came good with th IT requirements . I prefer the old version, I think but I have always been behind the times!

Hope everyone can get back on, I really missed the friendship.

• Hi Norberry

You where not alone so many different codes  did not reconize e mail address or password, had tto change it so many times.

You are here now

Take Care Ellie x