Cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 42 subscribers

cancer is so limited,  it cannot cripple love, shatter hope, dissolve faith, suppress memories, silence courage, invade the soul, steal eternal life, and it cannot conquer the sprit HeartPurple heartYellow heart

• Hi

I agree with you but my goodness it's a really dangerous animal that doesn't discriminate between age, gender or race and billions have been spent on a cure. Worth considering?

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

It is i hate the c word I was due to have chemo yesterday but could not as my platelets are too low so back again friday for bloods and covid test then if its OK back next Tuesday for my chemo  my brother got me a big wooden heart shaped plaque and it had that message on it so it cheered me up and made me smile, how are you doing? Have you got your pain under control? Xx

• Oh Charlotte Louise

I'm so unhappy and sad that you didn't get your chemo. You've had yourself braced and ready for chemo and now you have two more visits at least. I hope it's only two of course. So if your platelets are low on Friday, surely they'll have to do a covid test because, having a blood cancer, I know that there's every chance come Tuesday that your platelets could be ok. Indeed they may still be low but would you be prepared to do that? Go on Friday and Tuesday? 

I had my blood results on Friday, via phone consultation which I hope ends soon and I can see into people's eyes and sense emotions. I'm having bother with red and white cells now, used to be just red. My reds, haemaglobin, had dropped 16 points to 104 but still above the 100 worrying threshold, normal for my age is 130. 

He said my white cells, really the neutrophils, were fine. Normal range is between 3 and 8, neutropenic is below 1, that means I would have little or no fight against infection. Curiously I queried the figure and I thought he said one point zero but that would put me a hair's breadth from neutropenia where if I got an infection I would have to get myself to hospital or they would send an ambulance. So he didn't say one point zero, did he? Maybe he said one point seven? I asked again, ear down the phone. One point zero he repeated! 

That's why I want to see eyes and he could see shock written all over my face.

Thanks for your concern over my pain Charlotte Louise, I'm at the maximum-ish dose of slow release morphine as well as a quick release standby morphine that is recommended that I take every 4 hours. Any more and it maybe too much for my body. It boils down to having to deal with excessive amounts of pain daily. Not great but I must be prepared to live life in a wheelchair outside of my house. There are worse things to deal with as we are well aware.

Here's hoping all goes as well as can be expected for you on Tuesday. I'll be in your corner Slight smile

Take care Charlotte Louise and stay safe.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hiya thanks for uour reply all I can say is wow dont even know what all that means apart from the you not been able to fight infection like me I always wonder if I am gunna get a phone app that is a ittle bit of good news to me they seem to be telling you awful news with no concern in there voices because they get to go home end of the day he has a trainee when she phones I have a long chat wit her when its him I can't wait to get off the phone, i am so sorry uou are still bad with pain and need a wheelchair when out so hard to know what to say when i know its not gunna make you  feel any better  and I hope you have had no more scares with the shouting in the ear luckily I have not since last time but still had a few weird feelings of people been around me i really hope we get some good  weather so you can get out a bit although i know you will have to be careful,  i will let you know what happens regarding my chemo next  week enjoy the rest of your evening tvman, you take care too hope u get some sleep goodnight xxx

•  Hi Charlotte, It is hard when you are ready for treatment or surgery or anything and then your blood results let you down, however surely it's better to be safe than sorry! In the great scheme of things, really does it matter that you have to go back for repeat bloods! Hopefully as said, they could be fine on Tuesday and that would allow you to get your treatment! After all what else would you be doing? Lol just kidding! I think the longer you are n treatment the better and you will eventually take these small setbacks in your stride!

Your brother sounds very thoughtful, which is great! Good luck on Tuesday!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi and thanks for replying, yes  it is better to be safe than sorry and I would not mind as much if I was not waiting for chemo to finish so I could have my biopsy i get lots of lower tummy pain which makes me think the cervical cancer is spreading so it puts that back a week fingers crossed i can have chemo next week, my brother and his wife are  very thoughtful dont know how i would have thru all this without them anyway I hope you are doing ok and got some sleep as you sent that message late, yiu stay safe, xx                                                                                                                                                                                                      LIVE LIFE TO THE FULL

• Thanks Charlotte I appreciate your comments. It's raining today and the forecast isn't good until late afternoon.

Take care

Tvman xx

Love life and family.