Another valueless post!

• 11 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hello all,

You may remember I was feeling a bit precious at having to have my onco app by telephone. I really wanted face to face for various reasons, I did complain but managed to get a promise that although it would still be by phone, it would by my usual chap.I was told to be available at 4pm and expect some flexibility.

At midday I was at the bottom of my mountainous garden with a friends son who is doing some tidying for me. He likes a fag and now and again so do I. As we were enjoyably puffing away, Mrs Norberry was shrieking at me that the onco was on the phone, only 4 hrs early

I scrambled up the garden, ended up on all fours and fell into the living room. I took the phone but couldn't speak. It was not the fag but the sudden burst of energy sapped every last bit of strength I had.

I was trying to apologise for my inability to talk whilst he was apologising for calling so early. Obviously, some questions were asked, plenty if questions were forgotten mainly because of Mrs Norberry whispering what I should be asking while refusing to take the phone herself. A shambles really.

The upshot is that he said I have managed to extract three years of life and I should now look to enjoy each day as it comes. I asked for another three but that was not forthcoming - I pay his wages! Huh. 

I have just had a bar of chocolate so the female hormones are doing their job but I still dont like ironing so some male ones still exist.

Thinking of all you who really do have something to moan about. I hope you all have years of moaning left inside of you. X

I have self checked this for offensive content but I am easily satisfied so am posting.

• Hi Youngman, I love a good howl but only had a bit of half hearted sobbing recently.

I have grown a 32a but only on one side, when I saw the onco in March he said he couldn't see it, he must have misted up his monocle! Flushes pretty well resolved with Provera, weeing myself regularly as I am sure we all are.

I dont get grief at work because as soon as I was advised I was due to snuff it in short order, I begged for a pay off at work saying they wouldnt want me crying all the time, got it, and called it a day. I do miss it and speak to old mates regularly although they do have a habit of saying "arnt you dead yet" I know most people need to work but I am lucky with some pensions.

My life really revolves around making plans to ensure my wife can be sorted in all matters when the day comes.

You cannot be sacked, all companies have a duty of care to their employees, especially disabled, which I think legally you would qualify for, and any half good solicitor would frighten the life out of a threatening boss. I dont say this lightly, I hold qualifications in health, safety and environmental studies and although not technically current I am confident in my opinions.

Get that choc and whiskey down you and bugger any tasking at all!