How many treatment options attempts?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi I would like to ask from anyone with TNBC with lung mets how many treatment attempts I can have.I had a very upsetting phone call today with my onco.He is going to book me for scan in 2 weeks time.So far the IV chemo is working.But I was fed up that nobody communicates with me my treatment plan long term like they are waiting like vultures to get rid of me.So I have asked what if this IV chemo stops working - the weekly Taxol he said I could have an oral chemo.And I asked if thats all and I didnt get any answer.So Thats what I get 2x lines of treatment and after that they will dump me?I am only 42.How come? I was crying all day today even at work.Do you think if I manage to get transfer to another hospital I could get more chance?I am so unhappy I deserve a chance.

I am sorry for the whinging I used to be positive but now the depression is taking over

Janet

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you Angela I will call my GP maybe really need change the antidepressant.When I am at work its not too bad I keep my mind busy and my friends are there but i just can work 2x a week rest of the week I have blood test and chemo.And when i am at home thats when the depression kicks off.

Janet

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

I am glad to hear you are going to ring your GP. I got round to (ok plucked up the courage) ringing my hospice nurse about the pain two days ago. We are trying new doses of painkillers. It won’t work immediately but it’s good to have a plan and not to be worrying all the time about it. It’s really taken the pressure off my brain. 

I am sorry to hear your husband tells you off when you cry. It’s not very supportive but I think it is worth putting yourself in his shoes for a bit. I can only imagine he doesn’t know how to cope and feels he can’t help. As Angela said, don’t let cancer ruin your relationship. Make that call to the GP and start to live again instead of dying. It might not be the life you expected. It’s certainly not the one you wanted. But it’s the one you’ve got. Live it the best you can. 

xxx