Treatment

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 37 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi all,

I have my date to startThumbsup, I have my picc line put in on the 9th and first treatment on the 11th, pretty nervous praying it has the desired affect. The hospital is fairly close so at least I haven't got the worry of public transport, unlike daloni, fingers crossed all goes smoothly and well for you.

Been pretty tired today, didn't know I could sleep so much, they say it might be cooler tomorrow so may pop out for a while,

Have a good evening everyone x

• Daloni, hope it went ok today

Take care

X

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Daloni , your picture made me laugh, glad it was all going to schedule for you and hope it continued that way,  get some rest hun.

Love max xxx

• Hi

I thought your chemo was tomorrow but no it's today. Your photo fits in with my life these days so it looks ok to me lol. 

Seriously I hope that everything went smoothly today and you got home safe and sound. A good night's sleep is required, prescribed by me.

I had a letter today from my soon to be mental health nurse, things are a little confused these days, but it makes life interesting Slight smile

Take care Daloni and anyone else about to get more chemo.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi Tvman, 

not to make light of your mental health or anyone else's,  but it is confusing times hun, its not us, its the whole world 

I Hope you are ok , 

Love Max xx

• FormerMember

Hi Gang 

I finished on schedule and was home for tea. A good friend had dropped off a ready meal from Cook for dinner for me and the girls. So I stapled myself to the sofa until bedtime then crawled upstairs. 

I have been asleep but woke. I’ll try again in a bit. Tbh I feel like I’ve been run over by a truck. It will pass. 

xx

• Hi  I'm so pleased that's your first treatment over, I'm sure it was a very long day and I hope you manage to get back to sleep and sleep most of the day tomorrow! Thank you for managing to let us all know you are home safe and sound!

Now about your photo! It's a good one. I do think fate turned it upside down, just to let us know you can get through this "standing on your head!!!!

Take good care my friend and sit back and let your girls, neighbour's and friends pamper you!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember

Dear ,

You are the bravest soul I know. Long trip to treatment then home and feeling like being run over by a truck. So sorry, hope the fatigue goes away quickly.  I like eating warm soup with won tons and chicken stock when hit by a truck. Do the girls know how to make chicken soup with noodles? Easy on the mouth sores and gives you a satisfied tummy, but if is still hot there, maybe a cold soup would go better.

I start my low dose BR nest week, stocking in groceries and cooking ahead so I am taken car of. My hospital is only 30 minutes away, so not too hard of a commute without company. No one else is allowed in the infusion room, so I go alone with my orange and yellow bag which makes me happy when I look at it.

Take care and let your sofa be your friend.

Hugs,

Millie

• FormerMember

Hi Millie

I'd forgotten about chicken noodle soup. I do believe I have some packets in the back of a cupboard somewhere. I do have some Itsu pots - they are a kind of posh pot noodle where you pour boiling water over rice noodles and a stock base and then slurp it all up. You can add won ton or some veg or bits of chicken or tofu. They are very nice and just hit the spot if your appetite is a bit down. 

Good luck with your BR. I know you are worried about it and whether it will have an impact on your spine. I really hope lady luck is on your side - and that all your research into and insistence on the low dose pays off. I t makes me smile to think of your orange and yellow bag going in with you. A little piece of me alongside you in that chemo room. 

Lots of hugs to you too, my friend

xxx

• FormerMember

Glad to hear your chemo has started on schedule, . You should definitely not travel by public transport if you have an alternative. 

I think the upside-down photograph was just go show us how much your hair has grown! The pull of gravity gives it some extra bounceGrin.

• FormerMember

I'm sorry, , I have forgotten what this BR that you're starting next week is. Is it another chemo? I hope it goes well & is gently on you.