How Our Gardens Grow 2020

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 21 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hello All,

I hope this encourages ever to show their Garden’s progress.

My veggie garden is around a month old, had sent some early photos while she was in the hospital under Bad News .

my roses in the back are about done, but the ones in the front are nice and my early peas are now beginning to bloom. The Giant Sunflowers are growing and i need to eat some radishes and green onion! 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi 

I’ve got some weeding done yesterday. First time in ages. I took out the forget me nots, listening to the seeds rattle down as I pulled out the dead plants. There is a next years supply ready sown. .

In one shady corner I found two absolute beauties: Himalayan puppies. One has a beautiful blue bud just ready to flower. The other is a couple of weeks behind. I don’t know if you remember but they were flower in the front garden a couple years ago. So how this is happened I have no idea but I was thrilled I can tell you.

I rescued a clematis that was supposed to be climbing up a trellis but had in fact flopped down. I think it’s planted on the wrong side of the fence and I’m not sure how well it will do but I’m going to give it a go.

So that’s about a third of the garden done. I’m gonna try for some more tomorrow. It was so therapeutic kneeling down with my gloved hands in the soil. But then you guys already know that.

xx