Scarecrow time.

• 12 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi all

Does anyone else make a scarecrow? My wife and I have built this between us, I'll have to credit her with the choice. It's to show our grandson and I have to let my friends on the community see it,especially those that are a bit down in the mouth. 

The problem with attracting wildlife to the garden is the little blighters steal the produce!

Take care and keep safe everyone.

Tvman xx

PS, my wife is on the right lol. (I'm guessing you thought I would say that!)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Dear ,

Thanks for your reply. Wow what a list!!  Gardening is work! 
    take your time to answer growing season waits for no man or woman.

i too have a few chores for today, weed , feed, take photos of plants.

Then a virtual cocktail hour with friends.

Oh and Im sanding down and refinishing the teak patio table that suffered from neglect during the last few years. Talk later .

Please be Safe and Happy,

Hugs!

Millie

• Hi Tvman, Well I would say between your wife and yourself, you could probably turn your hands to anything! Two very talented people! 

Oh! DAH! SILLY ME! Of course I know the difference between Buzz Lightyear and Woody from Toy Story! Can we just put it down to a 'senior' moment please?!!

A lot of the things you do in the garden, I used to do in a previous house and garden but I couldn't do it anymore! I used to grow fruit and make jam etc and grow all my own veg but they are such a lot of work now, I gave up and changed the vegetable plot into raised beds and it was much easier. However, where we are now, on a large corner plot, is getting quite unmanageable. I was out in the garden for about 40-50 minutes and could hardly move afterwards. The back has a patio and a wall with a raised bed which is fine but the front used to be a large herbaceous border and I loved it and the changing colours at the change of season. We have taken the side garden away and can now park 3 cars in the drive plus one in the garage. The front still has azaleas etc but the trouble is the border is too wide for me to reach it. I would like a greenhouse again to potter in but we get such strong winds and with being on the corner, I fear it would blow away. The guy round the corner has lost two greenhouses and an aluminium garage to the wind!

I used to be out gardening from 3pm until 10.30pm in the summer and loved every minute but now, I can't even last an hour! My husband has never been interested in the garden and it didn't bother me at all because I was happy to do it!

Enjoy your SundayTvman and of course everyone!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!