What a day

• 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Well, i drove the 150 km to the radiation yesterday as usual, had th be there by 9am, so it was a early start. Then they said oh sorry hospital network isnt working at the moment pls wait...well i got a coffee and did, for over two hours. Then a nurse came very friendly...oops sorry but there will be no radiation today but you will get a extra day to come to us at the end. How nice / not. So here i was hungry, a bit angry and had to leave to drive back home. So all together nearly 6 hours for nothing.

Well today, i said, is it working??  Oh yes sure but we are running a BIT late, well nearly two hours are not a bit....ahhhhhhhh

Only 5 times more to go, hopefully

Pet

• Pet

How annoying for you. Couldn't they have called you? It's really annoying when you have your time wasted like that

Hope it goes well for the next one

X

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

That's a bit c*** Pet. In this day of modern technology have they not heard of contacting u 2 say " soz but save urself a journey" - given that most of us who receive such treatment r not 100%.

Hope further treatment runs more smoothly. Do they have an option 4 u 2 stay at a facility close? I stay 66 miles from our nearest radiotherapy centre & both times received accommodation at our CLAN  centre. Wonderful place. 

Take care

WB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi 

I feel your pain. I had 33 days of radiotherapy back in 2014. I am constitutionally unable to be late so I was always there at the allotted hour . On a good day, the unit would be running half an hour late. On a bad day, it would be two hours. I don’t think the staff enjoyed it and they were always apologetic for the delays. But goodness it took up a lot of time and a lot of learning to be patient. I knitted quite a few stuffed animals during the waiting times as I recall, and did a lot of chatting either to fellow patients or friends who accompanied me 

I hope the rest of your treatment runs smoothly. A six hour day for nothing is the very definition of frustration 

xxx

• , yes we learn to be patient...i know it wasn't there fault but still..grrrrr

Today was all good, waiting time 10 mins...woohooo, tomorrow Hubby will drive me as it will be his bday, and afterwards we go out for lunch and some shopping.