Three Good Things 2020

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 63 replies
  • 48 subscribers

it struck me that a few of us are having tough times, whether emotionally or physically, so thought perhaps we should resurrect this for 2020.

and I will kick it off

1. Finally made it through the worst of cycle 2 Carbo/caelyx side effects, touch wood, no being sick now for 3 days, thank the lord!

2. Walked round the local ponds with my best friend in winter sunshine yesterday, ducks and geese and thousands of snowdrops.

3. Today a trip to Waterstones, my favourite shop to buy new books, always a pleasure

love heather xxx

• Hi

There is a way to put on weight.....and there is the M&S way Joy

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

The sun shone but the wind blew in Eastbourne today and my three good things are:

1. Seeing the sea. It always lifts my spirits 

2. Eating chips on the beach before heading for the excellent Italian ice cream bar 

3. A 90 minute nap when we got home. Apparently it’s the ideal length of nap. I’m aching all over but I feel so happy inside 

xxx

• Those 3 things sound just perfect, gorgeous photo too. Yesterday

1 My twin sister and I went to a belly dancing class as part of my niece's hen do. It was lovely to be in amongst so many gorgeous young women having such good fun. York is notorious for hen and stag dos, bare bottoms up against restaurant windows used to be a thing....

2 Got a taxi home and the taxi driver was so laid back he was almost horizontal. He said when he was in the car his only job was to drive and look after his customers who relied on him to keep them safe.

He said he never comments on anyone else's driving or responds to abuse as the only things he can control are his own actions and feelings, and he prefers to feel calm.

3 Saw some of the usual suspects in our local pub and got lots of attention for my cropped blonde hair, no mention of hospitals or sickness, just how I like it.

xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Tinalay

It’s the wee small hours and sleep is evading me so here’s my three good things from yesterday 

1. I had a check up at the hospital - the mid point of cycle 2 in the clinical trial I’m on. They had the blood test results from the end of cycle 1 and guess what? They show a dramatic drop in my cancer marker. My docs track an inflammatory marker called CA125 that goes up and down as the cancer grows and shrinks. The normal range is below 35. At the start of this clinical trial on December 27 my CA125 was 14,000. Four weeks later on January 22 it was 4000. It is, in the words of my oncologist, “very encouraging”. I’m really hopeful that the scan on Feb 18 will show I’m stable Mable. 

2. I ate not two, not three but four chocolate ginger biscuits to celebrate. 

3. I finished the last of 32 flower motifs for a crochet wrap I’m making for a friend. Now to start crocheting them together 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Daloni,

What an awesome trio! Fabulous news and even more fabulous choccy ginger eating. Very impressive.

Glad to hear you have managed to finish the flowers too.

Fishy Fishxx

• FormerMember

The important question is, have you left any chocolate ginger biccies for us? If so, put the kettle on, we'll be right there.

• FormerMember

looking forward to hearing that you are a stable mable soon xx

Also notice a food theme in your posts - chips, chocolate ginger biscuits- definitely on my wavelength Slight smile

Debs xxx

• FormerMember

I’m all out of chocolate ginger biscuits but fear not! They are on the shopping list. Today’s three good things:

1. A glorious walk in the sunshine with a friend. We found an amazing path through the fields where the terrain is flatter than near where I live. The views went on for miles, the birds sang. But goodness some of it was muddy and so was the dog by the end 

2. I took the first step towards selling up where I live to move me and my younger daughter near my family. An estate agent gave me what I feel is an over optimistic value on my house. Meanwhile, the house next door to my niece is on the market and we have a viewing booked. It’s starting to feel real 

3. My daughter fell asleep just as I put a cup of tea down in front of her so I got to drink two cups of tea 

xxx

• FormerMember

I’m not sure how I missed your amazing ca125 news, that is some difference, fingers crossed the scan will show something similar when it comes.  So glad this trial is showing promise (touch wood, early days, everything crossed etc) xxxx

• FormerMember

The sun shone again today so I had a lovely, but chilly, walk around the cricket ground with Noodle. She ran like a mad thing and was a joy to watch, ears flapping behind her. 

My second good thing involved a bar of Green and Black’s butterscotch chocolate. Just one more piece over the course of the day ended with me throwing the wrapper on the fire. 

My third was doing a supermarket shop. It was great to have the energy - it’s been a while. 

Xx