Travel

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 41 subscribers

On the subject of travel , and other countries, does one need a Dr's note to travel for airlines? are you allowed to carry your meds with you? will ones Dr write a letter saying the meds needed so you can carry without being classed as a drug courier.lol

to avoid Prossicutions.and last but not least do cancer Patients get charged for the said letter, I know some Drs do charge for sick notes?

A late happy new yr to everyone.

• Heya, 

So.... 

Doctor's note to fly - yes and no. Yes, because someone could ask to see it, and if you don't have it then they can refuse to let you fly. No, because while I've always had a letter from my doctor, no-one has ever asked to see it.

Can you carry your meds - it depends on what medications they are, and what country you are going to. First of all, you need a letter from the doctor stating that you need these meds, and you also need a copy of your repeat prescriptions. Secondly, you need to check that none of your medications are prohibited or controlled in the country you are going to, otherwise you could be arrested.

Are you charged for the letter - it depends on your doctor. Some charge, some don't. Mine charges, but hasn't charged me yet.

Another piece of info, check the company's website that you're flying with. At least one of them allows you to take a second item of handluggage purely for your medication. 

Happy travelling! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.