Lifelong chemo

• 13 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Im 49 female with 3 grown up children 1 disabled i was diagnosed in 2017 with colon cancer had resection and 6 months chemo then all clear then told 2 weeks ago had 3 nodes in my lung and 3 in stomach have to start folfiri and vectibix next week has anyone had this chemo and side effects

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear,although I don’t have colon cancer, I just wanted to welcome you to the incurables group. I see from from your profile that you say you will be on continuous life extending treatment. Like all chemotherapy drugs the side effects seem to vary enormously between patients as I have found from personal experience of having received extensive chemotherapy and other drugs. I would read the official information from the manufacturers website and if you have any issues raise them as soon as possible with your team, don’t suffer in silence. 
    im sure things are difficult for you right now as it’s only been two weeks since your new diagnosis, but we’ve all been where you are right now and are here to support you as you come to terms with your new normal, so when your ready we would all love to hear from you about anything you need help with.

• Thankyou for your kind words its lovely to have other people to talk to start chemo next thursday again its like your world has been turned upside down but have to be positive and strong for my family

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Erts

Welcome to the group. I'm newly diagnosed as well and have just joined this group. You get a warm welcome here and everyone is very helpful and friendly. 

Good luck with your new treatment. I hope it does what it's supposed to do without too many side effects. 

• Thankyou so much fingers crossed not too many side effects just have grin and bear it. and be positive and strong

• FormerMember

Dear erts

welcome 

sending you hope for bearable treatment 

please remember you may have a wobble now and again ,you can always rant on here ,and if you are not always positive and strong you are not failing ,you are human , not superwoman 

i find a good cry and shout helps 

positive thoughts 

janet

xxxxxx

• All my family have openly cried except me i dont know whats stopping me even when im alone

• FormerMember

Hi welcome to the group, sorry to see you here though.  I hope the chemo goes well and you can live a good life on it (don’t know much about that kind sorry).

remember you don’t need to grin and bear it on here, we are all in similar boats and understand how tough it is, it is a good place to come when you can’t speak to family as there is usually someone who understands.

you are probably still in a bit of shock, so tears might not be there just now, but that’s ok, what you learn is that everyone is different and there’s no “right way” to do things.....just your way.  Take good care of yourself this weekend, & hope you have something nice planned, love heather x

• Hello Erts

I am sorry you find yourself here, but I am sure you will find this forum a source of comfort.

I began Folfiri in December and it's been ok. Tiredness and a little nausea. I hope you manage alright.

X

Flowerlady x
  • Thankyou been on chemo before but this is a new one for me hopefully not many side affects hope everything is ok for you

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Erts

welcome to the group. You will find support care , kindest and affection from everyone here. Always available to support you trough the highs and the lows. I am no longer newly diagnosed, but I value so much all of the opinions and support I have found here.

take care sending a Hugging