More woe

• 32 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi all

So, not long after after the death of my eldest brother and best friend, our family has been hit by more tragedy. 

Unfortunately my little daughter who lives just outside Peterborough, has miscarried. It was very early on in the pregnancy and not many people knew. Very early on or not, it's still horrible. Like many, many other families, my wife and I went through the same around 40 years ago. Just wasn't meant to be, I suppose.

The worst thing? I can't travel to see her because I am not allowed to drive so far, the family wouldn't hear of it. I want to put my arms around her and give her what she calls a special hug that only I can give her. My wife can't go either because she works in a school. The good thing is that we are going to see her at half term, flights and rail travel booked for the 28th, so we're counting down the days. Won't be long. 

Life sucks.

I know that you good people will be in touch through the site so that'll help me psychologically.

Tvman xx

• When I went to post my reply, it disappeared, I searched for it but couldn't find it, so went to do it again, only to find it had posted twice! Not only that but the time is over one hour before the time I posted! It's not 1.44am, so wonder if this will happen again! Strange!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi

I've nothing to add really except to say you’re in my thoughts. I bet you’re awake or about to wake up. So I hope you can feel the hug I’m sending across the water 

xxx

• Hi friends

I want to say a big thank you from the bottom of my heart. I felt I had to share my sad news with my online family because I needed support and I received it in bucketloads. 

You are helping me to get over my frustrations and anguish because I can't get to see my little daughter. She's 33 but as I said at her wedding, she'll always be my wee girl. 

I wish I could go now but I understand that I can't because of my medication and its limitations and although I have to wait for what seems to be for ever, it is only 12 days. 

I feel shored up because of the support and understanding from you all. Thank you so much.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi TVman  I've been trying to think about what you can do to make the time go quicker until you see your daughter but sorry, Im afraid the only thing I can come up with is keep yourself as busy as you can while resting! Maybe read or listen to an audiobook or music! Try meditating, or have you tried already?

Please, anyone with any ideas, put them on this thread! I'm sure someone will come up with a brilliant idea!

Take Care, Tvman, we are all here for you! Have you spoken to your daughter or son in law?

Love Annette x

• Hi Annette

I have written a reply to you and I posted it but it has disappeared into the ether!

I have been able to have a face to face chat with Nicole last Monday and when wee Harry saw my face, his wee face lit up. She's getting over it remarkably well but still needs her daddy's hug. 

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I'm keeping busy, today I made 6 frames with bases for my wife to take to school so the children can fill them with cement to make a little path up the centre of the polytunnel. I'm proper proud but it's possibly the reason why I am awake with pain so early. 

You're a good friend Annette and I value your friendship.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Annette

I have written a reply to you and I posted it but it has disappeared into the ether!

I have been able to have a face to face chat with Nicole last Monday and when wee Harry saw my face, his wee face lit up. She's getting over it remarkably well but still needs her daddy's hug. 

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I'm keeping busy, today I made 6 frames with bases for my wife to take to school so the children can fill them with cement to make a little path up the centre of the polytunnel. I'm proper proud but it's possibly the reason why I am awake with pain so early. 

You're a good friend Annette and I value your friendship.

And of course the same goes to all who have replied earlier.

Take care Annette

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Tvman I'm glad you have spoken to Nicole face to face but as you say, it's no substitute for a hug! Good for you making things for the school! I don't mind feeling tired if I know it's because of something I've done! It gives you a sense of satisfaction! It's the winter weeks school holiday here this week and my husband and I took our two granddaughters out for the afternoon on Wednesday and it was great. Our grandson and his mum went to visit her parents in Ballygally for the week and are due home later today! It must be so difficult for your wife and yourself living so far away, I am so lucky to have our grandchildren living so near!

Take care and keep busy, without overdoing it!

By the way, if you look back you will see I thought one of my replies has disappeared but then it printed twice! Looks like something similar has happened to you!!

Love Annette x

• Hi Annette

You're so lucky to have your grandchildren near you. You must have had a lovely day with your granddaughters on Wednesday. Oh, that sounds so wonderful, two little ones to spoil at once! 

Although Nicole is in Peterborough, because of the internet and being able to chat daily to her, it's not too bad. She's only a short flight away. Also, we get photos almost daily so if Harry goes to nursery in fancy dress or the like, we get so many photos that we wouldn't have been able to see for weeks. My wife is making him a costume for the nursery's Halloween party and he is really looking forward to it. 

Then my elder son is in Aberdeen so we don't see much of him, even less than we see Nicole, and of course he's getting married in Bolivia. I'm so disappointed I can't see his wedding Disappointed. I hope I get to see any children they may have.

Annette, you and I are both lucky that we are reasonably healthy to enjoy our children and grandchildren Slight smile

Take care Annette

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Yes children and Grandchildren really do give you the strength to keep going and bring so much joy. 

I could not believe it when both my children found they could not have children with  love of their lives. I felt so frustrated for them and heart broken. My daughter and her husband made the very brave decision to adopt and we have two grandchildren we adore but it is not an easy road to travel at times, I am so proud of what fantastic parents they have made. The children are totally our family and we grab every opportunity we can to see them and they have a lovely Uncle and Aunt to love also. 

They do live 2.5 hours away but they ring regularly and at 7 and 8 now they are very chatty, last night the little boy was so excited about coming to stay at half term he needed to ring before bed. Ideally we would love to move closer to them help out with childcare and support them more but it is not realistic in the circumstances. The little girl is autistic and artistic so we do lots of craft activities when we are together and she chooses wool and instructs me what she wants knitting while we are apart. A blue sparkly number is on the needles at the moment. 

One thing I think we can all say is that however far apart family are always close in our thoughts and we will always feel that joy and excitement when together. 

The frames sound a great idea and I wish I'd had someone so handy when I worked in my special school. 

I hope you will find rest soon though so you can be refreshed for you trip and time with your daughter. 

• Hi Maz

So lovely of you to get in touch with such a great story of the love and support you have given your daughter and son in law in their decision to adopt not one but two children. Maybe they are brother and sister? In that case it would be desperately hard to adopt just one. They don't know me, but tell them that I'm in awe of their decision to adopt and I can see that they have changed the lives of many people for the better. 

I'm happy for you that you have taken them into your hearts and love them just as much as if they were your daughter and son in law's very own. It's a young child's dream to stay with their grandparents. I think you'd knit sparkly numbers for the next year if your granddaughter wanted you to! Helping her with craft activities is such a useful exercise for a little girl with autism, well done you 

Hope you are having better luck with hospitals and all that goes with them. Are you still having radiotherapy? I know you started a short while ago but I haven't heard anything since.

Take care Maz and enjoy the grandchildren

Tvman xx

Love life and family.