Another newbie joins the group

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 25 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi Everyone,

This is the first time I have posted, although I feel I already know you all so well!  I am one of what I suspect may be many members who read your posts and gain huge support from them, even though you don't know we are there.  However, the time for me to contribute is long overdue.

Thank you all so much for the support you have given me over the past (almost) two years since my cancer was first diagnosed.  I cannot begin to tell you just how much you have given me strength and hope.  After my hysterectomy my cancer was staged as 4B and my oncologist in Norfolk said I had between six months and a year to live.  My husband and I both thought this was the end, but hearing about all your experiences and the brave way in which you are living with incurable cancers has given us hope - and here I am today to prove it!!  I have my next scan in September and the situation may then be different, but this is August and I'm still feeling not too bad at all, so thanks for helping to get me here.

By the way, when I chose the name Norfolk Lass I didn't really care what I called myself, as I didn't feel I would been around long enough for it to matter.  If I had know I would still be here now I would have thought of something more imaginative!! 

Hope you are all having a lovely day and enjoying the sunshine.  It is so hot here in Norfolk …….

• Thanks for the welcome.

I do like to read about how everyone deals with day to day issues especially with family. My daughters are now 23 and 21 but I feel a good portion of their teenage years was taken away with my illness. My younger daughter struggles with anxiety which started with my diagnosis. She is doing better at the moment but is still trying to find her way in life. I really should fill in my profile incase my story might help someone.

I hope everyone has the best day they can. I'm having a lazy day as tonight I'm going to the theatre with my girls and a friend who has been beside me all the way. One thing I have learnt is that the people you think will be with you arent always the ones that stay through good and bad.

Xxx

• What are you seeing at the theatre? 

(You can see where my priorities lie! Lol)

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello and Welcome, Norfolk lass,  you are amongst friends here.  Everyone is so lovely and considerate, I am sure we ALL.  Give you our support.   What about a name of The Lady who turned a corner and found absolutely nothing.

But love, care and a sense of being found, in a new place where you can ask, comment, and receive words and experiences of others.  Which will assist you with any queries you may have.  It's like having someone close to ask or get advice, on things perhaps you have forgotten about.  Welcome, welcome, welcome,  the people will be there for you, when you need it most.

The Staff here are so professional and have or will steer you towards your queries, will be answered or give you guidance of where to find out.

A warm welcome.

• It was a Luther Vandross musical tribute act. Good night out and a boogie in my wheelchair xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Elliekate

I saw him, live in Newcastle upon Tyne, woowoo, he was the business, Dance with Father again.  Welcome Ellekate.  You have just come into the right rhythm.  I also saw the Stylistics there at the Sage, Gateshead, they have been in the business for 30 years, and they do the same dance, and grove as they did when they first started up. Good Michelle you chill out.  Can't be a bad thing can it.

Best regards

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Oooh Luther Vandross tribute, . Sounds just the thing for a cheery night out. I’m smiling just thinking about it. 

Xx

• Thank you. It was a good night and we all know better than most we have to grab these chances while we can xx

• FormerMember

Dear Roobarb

Thanks for welcoming me and for your good wishes about my scan.  I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed!  Hope all is going well for you?

Norfolk Lass x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Elliekate

Hi Elliekate

Wow, eight years - that's fantastic.  It will be two  years for me in November and I was told I only had six months to a year.  I really hope I can match your record!  I know just what you mean about fatigue.  I'm on Trabectedin every four weeks and fatigue is the worst side effect.  I still enjoy life though and do my utmost to live a 'normal' life, albeit the new cancer normal!!

Pleased to hear you enjoyed the concert xx

• FormerMember

Hi Maybug

Many thanks for the welcome.  I'm so pleased I braved posting as I've had such lovely messages and already feel part of the 'club'!x