Football

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 41 subscribers

last week I went to the new Tottenham Hotspur Pitch,a present from my grandson for my 83 rd birthday I never expected to reacH another birthday,I had a brilliant time,all my problems forgotten for the few hours I was there,my son pushed me all around Tottenham as I was born opposite the Spurs but left there in 1955 to live in Herts.Ive always been a fan and watched all the televised matches but there is nothing like seeing the team live.Any other Spurs fans on this site?

• Hello ,

Sorry that you haven't had any replies and am not really sure I am the right person to be responding.  I enjoy watching all football but would not regard myself as a fan of any particular team.  However, I did live in Highbury, Islington for thirteen years up until 1999 and as a result tend to follow Arsenal more than the other teams.  I still have a soft spot for Tottenham though from the days of Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa.

The new stadium certainly looks impressive and on the tv it sounds like the fans create an impressive atmosphere there.  I did enjoy watching the match against Man City the other day, loads of goals and drama and although the video assistant referee (VAR) gave a correct result I do think that the way it currently works takes away a bit of the drama.  Are you still able to get to any matches as I know that the grounds have facilities for disabled fans?

I hope that you find a fellow Spurs fan on here or perhaps fans from other teams will join the discussion as well.

Congratulations on your 83rd birthday.

Best Wishes,

Gragon x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Hello Gragon,thanks for your message,I went to the quarter final match in the new Stadium,the facility’s for the disabled are very impressive.My grandson bought my ticket and I am a member so hoping to get to the semi finals on the 30th but the tickets are like gold dust.My son and grandson are there for nearly every match,when I go my daughter in law comes and helps me.once again Thankyou for messaging me

• Hi ,

I guess someone is happy this morning.  Have you sobered up yet?

I missed the Liverpool semi final due to other commitments and thought that I had missed the best semi final ever.  I didn't think that it would happen again in the next semi as well.

Do you think that you are going to be able to get to the final in Madrid?  The experience of a lifetime.

I will watch it here but I'm not sure whether to watch it at the pub or if it might be a bit much.  I stopped watching matches in the Pub over 20 years ago when my wife and I went to watch an England match at the Highbury Barn and after England lost a small group of men in their late teens / early 20's got drunk and upset and wrecked the place.  We were also in the area when Arsenal were winning lots of titles and again saw lots of trouble after they won the double.  Living in North Yorkshire I can't imagine that it is a hot bed of either Liverpool or Spurs supporters so we should be OK up here.

Congratulations to your team.

All the best,

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Morning Gragon,I am on cloud 9 I managed to get ticket for Sunday’s match against Everton,but will not be able to go to Madrid.i live about an hours drive away from Spurs stadium so am able to traveSoccer in my sons car ok,but do need help with getting wheelchair there,at home I use a battery car but it’s too big for the car.Once again Thankyou for your interest.Best wishes nanamar xx ThumbsupSoccer