Today's Laugh

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 17 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi everyone. Soz I've bn v quiet of late. Life has bn smooth with no major grumbles.

So wot was today's laugh then? Boots!  After many phone calls- not the easiest company 2 contact even when they leave a msg 4 u 2 phone them back. THEY DON'T ANSWER THEIR PHONES!!!! I got a quote 4 this year's holibobs. They r booked & I'm going whether I get insurance or not. £489!!!! I don't want 2 buy the flippin company. There's only me & grown-up daughter going this time, within Europe.

I'm just 2 honest but the fact that I'm on chemo regime no.5, had a case of sepsis (& a 2 week stay in hosp) & had a tumour that's broken the skin in the last year (aka alien boob) amongst other things has lead 2 this wonderful fee.

How do others get reasonable quotes when they're an incorrigible??????

I'd sing Boots' praises the last 3 years that they'd offered me insurance but £489!!!!!!!

Off 2 sing on the street 2 raise some cash 

Ciao

WB

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

That made me laugh out loud,

• Hi all, now you can all have a good laugh at my stupidity. I thought I was going away on Monday. A coach holiday to Scotland. I thought! Well when I got the paperwork out to double check what time I needed the taxi booked for I saw it said Wednesday 29th March.I even phoned the company up to query the date since the 29th is Monday. They told me very nicely that’s right Wednesday the 29th 2020!! duh! What an idiot I am I booked it for next year. I can’t believe I did that. So disappointed, so now I am off to the travel agents to see what they have on offer for last minute holidays next week. I have even booked the dog in while I am away so may have to adjust that a little.

I hope a few of you have had a little giggle at me and you are all as well as can be.

love  and hugs 

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alive

Not wanting to be unsympathetic but that is ace really made me laugh. I can not stop thinking about it. 

Great you could share it I think I would still be crying about it. 

Do hope you manage to get something else and have a lovely time. 

• That certainly made me laugh!

X

Flowerlady x
  • Hi all, pleased to have given you a smile. I have just got back from the travel agents with a holiday booked. I am going to Fuerta Ventura on Saturday for a week! Now I need to sort my packing out and wave goodbye to the cold and rain because the temperature over there is about 21 or 22 degrees. Just like a summers day. I don’t feel disappointed at all any more. I don’t think I have ever booked anything so quickly or with so little notice. Now to the travel insurance which should be very simple.

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alive

Now that is taking it too far Maggie, travel insurance being simple!!!

Have a lovely time, I am flying out to Majorca next Wednesday for 4 days. 

• Hi Max59, I hope you have a good time in Majorca.

I appear to have given lots of people a laugh with my tale. My son and daughter in law both said they had their work colleagues in stitches when they told them, my friend and her husband had friends in the pub in a similar state when they called in for a drink after a food bank meeting and today my friend couldn’t wait for me to tell folk in the community cafe my tale! At least we can all laugh about the mistakes we make.

As I put it, if I had two brain cells I would be really dangerous.

I managed to get holiday insurance sorted without too much trouble after contacting  just 3 company’s. Even now there are so many hoops to jump through because of other medical  problems. Got my insurance through Free Spirit, Might be worth a try if anyone is struggling.

Well I am just going to finish my packing now and then I can relax, a little drink tonight I think and then early to bed.

love and hugs 

Maggie xx