Up front and centre stage

• 3 replies
  • 2 subscribers

Morning all. 

I imagine like  many of us here in the 2 years since an incurable and then terminal diagnosis thoughts of my demise have dominated my thoughts or drifted more towards the back burner and everything inbetween. Scans showing disease progression/stability/cancer markers up/down/emergency hospital admissions/severe side effects etc from treatment things we're all too familiar with.

The current crisis has brought things to the forefront and I'm finding the support from the forum in the early days invaluable.

The fear and panic however understandable is difficult to read.

Someone said death from the virus would be preferable to death from cancer. Not according to the heartbreaking stories relatives are sharing with us.

On that note:-

With The End In Mind by Katherine Mannix       I  think recommended this one

I'm finding this book extremely helpful, particularly the idea that as with birth there is usually a predictable pattern to the process of dying.  

The Book Of Joy created by the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu and written by Douglas Abrams    From

Full of inspiration and easy to dip in and out of.

I've yet to try meditation but will definitely give it a go.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat.

Love to all xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tinalay,

I hear you. I'm 15 months on from being diagnosed with terminal stage four. I'm watching how the world is dealing with self-isolation, when I've been doing it for years. I say to myself, well at least I am more prepared mentally and emotionally than others. I have a routine every day, I do meditation on head space, the app, I'm finding it very helpful. It even has a special one for cancer. I use that twice a day. There's still no cure for cancer. Thankfully, there's no cure for hope either.

Sending much love.

Kate x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Katie 

“There is no cure for hope”. I absolutely love that. You’ve made my day. 

I agree with you about being better prepared than many for isolation/shielding. I have been through three lots of chemo so that’s 17 months in total of albeit a lesser degree of isolation than is required now. I know how to keep a routine, keep myself busy, be proactive about maintaining my mental health with meditation and my physical health. I think we’ve got a head start on this. 

stay safe! 

xx

• Hi  

Hands down the best comment since this all began, thank you Heart️

My new mantra Grin

xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.