Pelvic Radiation Disease

• 2 replies
  • 29 subscribers

I’m new here. I had Stage III Uterine Cancer in 2005. Lost my bladder in 2021 due to radiation damage. I’m now dealing with the damage to my GI and suffering multiple symptoms which is impairing my daily life. Does anyone have knowledge, information, their own experience or can point me in the direction for help? I haven’t found any help from the medical community and feel desperate. Thank you

• Hi  and a warm welcome to this little corner of the Community although I am sorry to see hear about your post treatment challenges.

I have a completely different cancer journey so have no first hand experiences to help you out but let’s look for any group members who are looking into the group to come along and help you out.

You may want to look at joining and putting up the same post in our dedicated Womb (uterus) cancer support group as you may well connect with others who have walked the exact same treatment journey……. although a different type of cancer you may want to check out our Stomach cancer support group also as their may be folks dealing with the same challenges post treatments.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides cancer information, practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow 3 working days for a reply.

Do get back to me if you need further help navigating the community or just want to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for welcoming me and for all that information. I joined the other two sites you recommended.