Uncertain

• 1 reply
  • 32 subscribers

I’ve got a terminal brain cancer, which robbed me of memory and hearing. Loss of memory is for the fifteenth years, can not remember anything, how the cancer started, three months in hospital , all remember is convincing the consultant to let me go home for the final three months. Over a year still here, live is hard got a lovely care team who helped when I first came home . They tell me how bad I was couldn’t get wash, get out of bed etc for the first months. All I remember is where I am now looking after myself, cooking etc. Very unstable on feet , loss of all heating on right. Got a lovely scar in head . Wife has left so live is poor at present. Find all of this hard especially the memory loss , which was my biggest weapon when I started to teach automotive at local college. At times cannot stop thinking why was the consultant so wrong. 

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community. Sorry to read about your journey and the challenges you had during treatment and the post treatment ‘left over’s’ you are having to live with.

I have no words of wisdom. I have had a 24+ years journey with my very rare incurable blood cancer, there were some very challenging periods of my journey that I do my best to push up on a high shelf so that they don’t define me.

There is another support group on the community called Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only.

This  is a safe place where folks who have an incurable diagnosis chat and support each other - worth checking it out

(Please join the group but for everyones safety this will then have to be approved by the Macmillan Community Team so will not happen immediately)

Always around to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge