Me & sleep patterns

• 4 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi All , evening or should I say morning its Saturday , have a fab weekend everyone , if it's not my body that's keeping me awake it's the weather , windyDash or what  , I feel like Dorothy in the wizard of Oz , wonder where my house will land , hopefully somewhere warm , sandy beach , and me , bliss , 

I've been having more bad than good days , I thought there was more that I could get involved with/in , I called the Macmillan phone line that I was given to me by the Macmillan Cancer support nurse I was talking to on the helpline , The lady said that I was getting counseling their was nothing else they could offer me , confused or what , I went into the town centre & went to Your voice spoke to a lovely lady called Amanda , there's more to Macmillan than this other lady was letting on , So Amanda is calling me on Monday to book me in for another appointment with her to see what's available to me , I still feel as though I still have a bit of chemo brain/fog going on at times , the best Amoungst others ( I'm just going to move the bins to take the car our , bin day tomorrow) I then denied saying it , that's daft I never said that , I went out 1st day/time in ages and forgot the 1 thing we all need money/bank card , so I had an uneventful time but enjoyed the drive & getting out the house , My birthday next week & I've organised my boys coming home for a few days , my boys mean everything to me , I thought having NHL & sepsis was bad enough , nope being separated from my boys for 16 weeks was way worse and worth every bag every passing day , my nurse said don't think it as weeks , think it as another chemo bag nearer my boys , it worked and I had a fab time at Christmas/New Year spending it with my boys. I was so I'll at the start , I've came through that , realise life is to short , make the most of it , be happy not sad , love not fight , do what makes you happy , now's the time to put you 1st instead of everyone else , me I'm trying to get the will to get out of bed every morning as it hurts , but I do it , and one day in my own time I'll get there , get to the new me , not back to the old me , that lady doesn't exists and I don't want her , I want to meet the post cancer lady once she's there and happy with everything around her.. have a fab weekend peps till the next time Xx

• Hi again , I left your post to see if you would receive any replies but the people who have the same problems are not looking in at the moment.

Sleep patterns can be all over the place and it can take time to find the best way to improve your sleep. I have medically induced hearing loss due to medication used for my Lymphoma. Right Ear 85% loss with remaining 15% a muffled sound with continues pulsing 24/7 and Left Ear 50 – 60% loss + Tinnitus and now have two hearing aids.

So when I go to bed and things settle down all I can hear is the Flying Scotsman Steam Train sitting in my ears...... it took about 6 months for my brain to tune this out and now have a sleep pattern back.

Do remember that the Maggie's Centre at the Beatson will most likely do sleep workshops - worth a call to them.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike , evening , just back from the Maggie's center this afternoon , Greg is looking into myself benefits as their still not right since claim was changed in September/October , so hopefully we'll get there with their help .

• Good to hear you are getting some help.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike , yeah and thank you for putting me in the right direction of the Maggie's center , just wished there was 1 nearer to me , the travel up & back down lets me think & listen to my music if I feel like it , dropped Macdonald's milkshakes in for my boys , wee treat for them , that's me in for the night , opticians tomorrow so back up and out again...