Trying for a baby after cancer

• 1 reply
  • 29 subscribers

Hi, I was diagnosed with cancer in June 2020. At the time myself and my wife were about to commence IVF treatment to try for a first baby. After finishing treatment last year, we are now starting to think about it again. Physically, the oncologist and surgical team are happy for us to start the process but emotionally we are not sure. Just wondering if anyone has been through anything similar to us and what you did? Are there any specific support groups or online resources anyone knows about? Before all of this, we only had this to think about and how excited we were to have a baby but now it’s uncertainty and checks ups. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Hi  and welcome to this cirner if the community.

Lets look for folks who have been through the same emotional journey as yourself to pick up on your post.

As for support and online services you may want to call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, support or just a listening ear.

We also have Cancer Nurse Team in our Ask an Expert section, but do allow two working days for replies from our expert team.

Do also check out for a local Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing and provided great support and may well have worked with others in the exact same subject.

Wushing you all the best best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge