What if they have missed something

• 2 replies
  • 34 subscribers

Hi all,

I hope everyone is fine and feeling better.

Sorry to go on. I have had 2 CT scans since February 2021 for bowel obstructions. The scans have been checked and my dietician read this line to me; "patient has a lot of adhesions and has pelvic radiation disease rather than an occurrence". I know I should be elated to some degree, but I am scared they may have missed something.

I have a bad back. However I had a radiation burn in the spot. I have a fistula down below and I leak constantly but sometimes there is a bit of blood. Both CT scans were on my abdominal and pelvic area and all they picked up were the adhesions/scar tissue.

I have insomnia and I get tired but I don't think about the insomnia, instead I worry about feeling tired.

Am I being silly?

Sending you all love and good vibes xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

• Hi Lisa ...... you are not being silly at all. The journey you (and others) have been on can leave that little niggling thought lurking at the back of our minds... how much we allow it to ‘get at us’ is entirely in our hands.....

“.....yes Mike, but that’s easier said than done!!” I hear you say. As you know the noise between our ears is one ongoing battle between success and setback...

I can’t give you any answers but good you unpacked this on here as this always helps ((hugs)) from a rather sunny Highlands xxx

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike,

Thank you for your kindly response. I knew you would be the voice of reason.

Yes, I agree, a big struggle goes on between our ears. I have saved a copy of your paper and I look at that when I need reminding.

It is sunny here in Cardiff too.

Sending you love and good vibes, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx