Melanoma

• 4 replies
  • 35 subscribers

I used to post on here before but haven't been able to get on the site so have rejoined. I had bowel cancer 12 years ago and have been fine since. However, I recently found some dark lines on my toenail and I know you can get a type of skin cancer of the nail. I'm waiting a telephone appointment with my GP through I have seen a Podiatrist who says he doesn't think it's anything to worry about but I find it had to be reassured. Anyone else had anything similar? Thanks.

• Hi again  and yes it’s me Joy

Post treatment ‘left overs’ I call these challenges, thankfully most turn out to be nothing and let’s look for this to be the same in your case.

Due to my 14 years of skin treatments for my skin Lymphoma it’s more ‘when’ not ‘if’ I develop skin cancer..... but I am over 5 years out from my last skin treatment and my skin is behaving itself. I have had a few areas checked but nothing to worry about so the ‘what if?’ is now back on a high shelf until I have to deal with it again.

I also have been checked out for a nodule on my lung but again all ok. It’s all about developing trust in our bodies abd sifting out all the aches, pains and normal stuff that happens and trying not to over analysis everything that goes on ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you for your kind and encouraging words Highlander. I feel encouraged by you , you have been through so much. As a Christian I know I should have more faith and courage.

Crazy Cat Lady/Kentish Lady. 

• Life is full of steppingstones but sometimes we have to make a leap of ‘faith’ when the gaps get big and more challenging ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge