Looking To Hear Similar Experiences

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 28 subscribers

Hi everyone .As I am new on this forum it makes me nervous but I need to mix with people who understand what I have been through and am still going through . They say time is a healer but I feel I’m struggling to get there or is this normal . I get very emotional at times coming to grips with the new me . Mentally I think I can do things but my body tells me otherwise. My messages are short at the moment but I will get there slowly .Kind Regards SoGreatful

• Hi again  and well done navigating over to this corner.

The main challenge around a cancer journey is our actual experiences are so different. For my 21+ years on my blood cancer journey the only time a knife was near my body was for biopsy’s and for putting in central lines..... but so did have 900+ skin treatments, 759+ hours of chemo, 45 radiotherapy sessions, two do our Stem Cell Transplants and enough drugs to fill a pharmacy......

But I still agree that time on some ways heals...... or should it be times helps us unpack the stuff we have collected in our invisible rucksack we were given when we were told we had cancer and we have permanently carried it around day in day out for months or years.

As a starting point you may find it helpful to make a cuppa and have a look at this great paper After Treatment Finishes - Then What? by Dr Peter Harvey as it highlights the post treatment milestones.

Once you have had a look so come back with your thoughts ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge