Head and neck cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I am 6 years on from the above. But the problems compound. I have terrible neck spasms and discomfort in the area where I received radiotherapy. My neck muscles just tighten and the tendons look looked piano strings poking out of my neck. I also have accumulated a huge band of collagen under my jaw where I had a part neck sectomy to remove the dead tumour and lymph nodes. On top of this my teeth in the affected area are starting to fall out !! It really is getting to a stage where I am beginning to think was all that pain and treatment worth it !! Has anybody else experienced this terrible discomfort after head and neck radiotherapy?? Doctors day there is nothing that can be done to help. Basically collateral damage!!

Regards,

John.

• Hi John  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us and so sorry to hear about your post treatment challenges.

My cancer journey was rather different but you may want to join our supportive Head and neck cancer Group as there are a few folks who have been through treatment stick around and support others.

Follow the link I've created above, join the group, then hit ‘start a discussion’ and you are ready to go.

You could then copy and paste the information from this first post into your new discussion or you can just join in with existing ‘Discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Thanks for your reply Mike. Don’t have a clue how this website works. So will just have to try and carry on.

kind regards,

John

• Hi John, just hit the green Head and neck cancer link and set up a discussion and talk with those who have been on your journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge