I am recovering from lung cancer and feel I have nobody to talk to .

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 28 subscribers

It would be great to talk to others, that are in the same situation. 

• Hi and welcome to this little corner of the Community.

The post treatment journey can be far more challenging than you would have first thought. I had a rather different type of cancer and am now over 4 1/2 years post treatment and have had some challenging years but now doing great.

I would be happy to talk at any time.

I also see you have found our very supportive Lung Cancer group. This would also be a good place to connect with others who have been through the same treatment journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hello Deadly, the lung cancer group is certainly a good place to go. I have also had lung cancer (see my profile for more info.) and am happy to talk about your experiences / concerns either on here or if you prefer then pm me. 

Made in 1956. Tested to destruction.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi I find it hard to speak about my experience ..which was a left lower LOBECTOMY in April 2020 I’m still recovering and it’s a year on now .My lifestyle has changed a lot but I’m the same person . Need to push myself to have conversations with others in the same situation .I am so grateful to have had my op being the way times are and thankful that my 6 month check was clear .Hope you are reaching out to chat think I should do the same .  Yours SoTHANKFUL 

• Hi again  and good to see you posting.

Talking to people face to face can indeed help a lot but during these times it’s not that available but do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing and a lot of these services have moved onto online video support groups including their very good ‘where now’ course. I understand that they have now opened up some of their in person services.

Do also check this link to the Macmillan Buddies Telephone Service

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge