Gudday - I've had a couple of twists and turns ...

• 1 reply
  • 30 subscribers

Gudday - I've had a couple of twists and turns since my emergency bowel cancer op last September so I'm qualified to reply.

The thing that I want to know is how will I be this time next year cos I'd like it to be a lot better than it is now. I got one of the common side effects of chemo being a painful, frostbite sort of feeling in my hands and feet. I had a nasty reaction to the first drug they gave me for this but I'm tolerating it's replacement. Trouble is, its efficacy so far is unimpressive and it too comes with side effects. The pain has subsided a bit but the numbness hasn't - this means that I drop things, have great difficulty with shoelaces and walk like I'm pissed. 

I share Oscar Wilde's view of the Bible despite a near death experience so I am a tried and tested atheist. I don't feel that lockdown is that difficult - you just have to accept it and get on with it. What's the big deal. I live in a rented bedsit so again I'm qualified to speak. TF for WhatsApp - that's what makes things easier for me.

(The tabs have gone wrong on this phone)

So I have a message for all  - don't let the bastards drag you down - think of all those poor buggers in Yemen and Myanmar and be thankful for what you've got. Oh, and smile a lot Slight smile

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that you've been left with painful feelings in your feet and hands after having chemotherapy for bowel cancer. I don't have any experience of this to share with you but I noticed that you hadn't had any response to your post yet.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you join the bowel cancer group and also post this question there. You might be more likely to get a response from others who have had the same type of chemotherapy in that group. If you'd like to do this then clicking on the link I've created will take you there.

When you have a minute, it would be really useful if you could pop something about your journey so far into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

I hope you can find a solution to your painful feet and hands soon.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"