Melanoma

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi there i was diagnosed with melanoma in 2018 and i was gettng immuno therapy . I asked MC Millan if they can help me with the finances but they couldnt help me at all .I realky struggled with the finances to pay rent and bills . 

• Hi so sorry to hear the challenges you are facing.

This is a simple question but are you accessing ALL the statuary benefits available?

I ask this as I thought we were getting everything out there but it was a passing discussion with a Macmillan Financial Adviser that opened some doors.

It’s important to know that I had already talked with a Mac Adviser but a new pair of eyes opened up new doors so can I advise that you call the Macmillan Support Line Services on 0808 808 00 00 and talk with our Financial Support team again mostly open 8.00 to 8.00 but check the link but you may find the service very busy at the moment.

Do come back and tell us how you get on.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi , I noticed in your profile you say you’re a nurse, I wonder if there is a charity in this link as it mentions amongst others helping nurses and care workers.

http://www.csischarityfund.org/useful-links.htm

that maybe able to help and if not it gives a link to the CAB for help to ensure you are getting everything you can. I found Macmillan really helpful 5 years ago when I was first diagnosed and they went through what I could and couldn’t claim. 

Best wishes

Take care KT