Breast cancer

• 44 replies
  • 36 subscribers

Hi

I was diagnosed with breast cancer jan 2019 .I had surgery chemotherypy and radiotherypy. My treatment finished in September and am now on a 5 year hormone tablet Anastrozole . 

I thought I would ok but to tell the truth I sometimes get low and could cry I have aches and pains especially in my hands and as for going back to work I cant even think about it as get anxious. My hair is starting to grow back but I dont feel like me anymore, is this normal ? 

How long after treatment before you go back to work is it weeks months or what? 

I have been told I have got to stay in for 12 weeks due to coronavirus although my immune system is ok .

I know I am rambling on but would be good to hear from others that feel like this hope I get some replies

Take care 

Lucky 3

• Thank you I will look into 

I finished my treatment in october and am now on a 5 year hormone tablet I was ok at first but th last few weeks I've been up and down and really dont know how I am feeling so thonming it might help me 

Lucky3

• Hi Lucky3,

Due to the virus the Hope course is now on line. the first one started. This month, I am starting in June.

Best wishes

Honey Two hearts

• Hi Buttercup 01,

thank you for your reply and encouragement. I feel a bit rudderless and directionless at the moment, I have decided to hang lose and not fret about it. 

Best wishes

Honey Two hearts

• Hi honey 

I looked on website but coulnt find anything how do I get on the course 

Lucky 3 

• Hi Lucky 3,

I finished my treatment end of November 2019 and managed to get on a course at the hospital it was every Friday for four weeks In January 2020 again like the one mentioned to you it was a group of around 15 ladies and we have kept in touch ever since ut really helped me like you I am on Letrozole for five years now. Here is the contact email address of the course I attended, hope it helps. movingforward@breastcancernow.org

Take Care

x

• Hello Ladies and Gent,

Just reading through some of the posts and I can relate to them so much.  I read Peter Harvey's piece before and it was a great help in reminding me about the stages I am going through.  I am post-bowel cancer and I'm not using the word 'stages' because it is possible to tick off a set of experiences and think 'that's that one done'.

It is two years in July since my surgery and chemo and I still find that I have times when it all feels behind me (no pun intended there) and other times when the whirlwind of days between diagnosis and emergency surgery replay as if it is all just moments away.  I do think that this stage is harder in many ways.  We don't have anything to fight now.  We can have the time to feel all the complex emotions cancer creates now that the appointments and treatments are done.  And suddenly we are on our own. 

Except that we really aren't alone.  There are people who are making the same journey and places like Macmillan to find support.  But time is the big help.  Time and kindness to ourselves for all we have been through.  It has been, in the words of my Yorkshire mother, a right bugger.  But we are still here and we can deal with this too, one day at a time.  So take care all of you, especially you, Hovehoney.  

Lyn

LB
  • Dear Lucky 3,

the next online Hope course starts 1st June, I got details by contacting my local Macmillan centre. 

Best wishes

Honey Two hearts

• I  hope nobody minds if I add this to the thread.  I came across this tucked into an old journal and it said something I loved so I would like to share.

Arrival

Not conscious 

that you have been seeking

suddenly

you come upon it....

...A bird chimes

from a green tree

the hour that is no hour

you know.  The river dawdles

to hold a mirror for you

where you may see yourself

as you are, a traveller

with the moon's halo

above him, who has arrived

after long journeying where he 

began, catching this

one truth by surprise

that there is everything to look forward to.

R.S.Thomas

It is a lovely day where I am, warm and quiet, peaceful.  I hope it is the same wherever you are and that today there is everything to look forward to

Take care

LB
  • Thanks for this

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.