Oxaliplatin

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi everybody , I`m new to the Group.

I had a sucessful op. for Colon Cancer last year followed by 8 cycles of Oxaliplatin & Raltitrexed.

My last Chemo was in Jan. 2020 ,I still suffer with Neuropathy mainly in the feet , what I want to mention is I am always cold , shivering in the evening . Can you tell me please if this will go away with time. I am on blood thinners as well . I`d be grateful for advice. Many thanks.

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community, although I am sorry to see you finding us.

Peripheral Neuropathy can indeed take time to clear and what you are descending I can indeed relate to having, for me it took a rather long time to clear but it did.

The best way to understand feeling cold is the chemo plays with your internal body thermostat - as long as your main temperature is ok - again this will pass.

Talking with people who are on the same type of cancer journey can help a lot so can I direct you to our very supportive Bowel (colon and rectum) cancer group.

Posting in this group will open up your concerns to a wider group of people who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Follow the link I've created, join the group, then hit ‘start a discussion’ and you are ready to go.

You could then copy and paste the information from this first post into your new discussion or you can also join in with existing ‘discussions’ by clicking on 'reply'.

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi Highlander and thank you for the reply . 

I will go to to the Bowel Cancer Group which you recommend , its so good to talk to people who have been through all this and understand all that stuff which goes on between the ears Hope you are well and coping with all whats going on in the world today.

all the best and thank you, Micky(Dykomio)

• Hi Micky, yes I am doing very well. 4 1/2 years post my main treatment and it did take a few hard years to get back on my feet - now in day 33 lockdown but as I have been through two Stem Cell Transplants this results in 6 months lockdown post treatment for the immune system to recover...... so 12 weeks is a walk n the park Joy

All the best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge