Life after chemo for DLBCL and conquering fears

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 29 subscribers

Hi - I'm wondering if anyone has tips on conquering fear, following treatment for DLBCL - particularly from a Christian perspective? I feel more scared and traumatised since treatment ended (fewer appointments to take my mind off the cancer!) and I now have time to realise what happened! My scan is coming up on the 28th April - I want it to be over and to know my results (my mid-treatment one was very good, so I'm doing my best to be hopeful)

• Hi  and welcome, living and being treated for a blood cancer can be a challenge, if you hit my community name you can see my 20 year NHL story.

Yes it was hard, but I am in remission but will never be cured, do I let it dominate my life?...... no way, I fought very hard to find remission and I will not let fear define me and my future.

We actually do have a Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma group where there are others who have been on the treatment journey support others on theirs - come over and join the group and introduce yourself to them.

We also do have a Religion, spirituality and prayer group where Christians support each other and yes I do post in this supportive group.

We often post this great paper as it does highlight the milestones of post treatment recovery.

Always around to help.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Have you tried posting this in the Religion etc group?

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.