Cancelled check up fears.

• 1 reply
  • 29 subscribers

I had surgery for early stage, contained endometrial cancer, no further treatment needed. I had my first check up after 3 months and my second check up was to be after another 4 months. This was due today. After a month of working myself up about it, yet at the same time looking forward to further reassurance, my appointment was cancelled due to coronavirus. I had a telephone call from a nurse who just asked me if I had any bleeding or pain, and that my next appointment would be in 3 months. I am terrified because I haven't been physically examined, and keep imagining that it might have come back, and that it now has time to get worse. I don't know if 7 months is a safe time to leave me or not.

• Hi and welcome to our little corner of the Community.

The simple answer from me is I don’t know, but you may want to join our very supportive Womb (uterus) cancer group.

Posting in this group will open up your concerns to a wider group of people who know exactly what you are going through at the moment.

Follow the link I've created, join the group then introduce yourself to the group and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and you can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

((hugs)) from a distance.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge