Hi i need some advice please.

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

I had a precautionary hysterectomy January 2017 and they found stage one cervical cancer but said they got it all, I then had to have 5 weeks radiotherapy.

I now have Radiation enteritis and have a few issues during the day I am also waiting to have a bone density scan as I am having a lot of pain in my back and shoulder. I work for the NHS and due to the current situation I will need to go on the wards in the next week or so. Is this advisable.

• Hi and welcome to the Community.

Yes, this is all very confusing and I would always recommend talking with your team (if you can) as every cancer case is individual.

The following information may well be out of date.

This Information from the government is all encompassing and is a good guide what to look out for and what you should or should not do and Macmillan have also provided some information and answered some key questions around cancer and coronavirus (COVID-19).

I was diagnosed in 1999 with a rare type of Skin NHL. I am now over 4 1/2 years post my last treatment and 3 1/2 years in remission The advise for me from my team based on me being a blood cancer patient who has a reduced immune system "...... you are basically back into a three+ months isolation controlling everyone I come in contract with and where and what I do. She also said ” we don't know how you would react to this virus - let’s be safe and not sorry”

This may not be much help for you - sorry..... but this virus can not be underestimated.

Lets see if some of the others can help you out.

((Hugs)) from a distance.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi thanks for getting back to me so fast, I will have a chat tomorrow hugs back xxx