Covid 19

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 28 subscribers

Hi I got Diagnosed with breast cancer 2017 and by the end of that year I’d  had all my surgeries chemotherapy and radiotherapy I would like to know if anybody knows if we are in a higher at risk group from the covid 19, I’m taking hormone tablets every day 

thanks 

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community.

Yes, this is all very confusing and I would always recommend talking with your team (if you can) as every cancer case is individual and the following information may well be out of date.

This Information from the government is all encompassing and is a good guide what to look out for and what you should or should not do and Macmillan have also provided some information and answered some key questions around cancer and coronavirus (COVID-19).

This is also on the Government information "If you're at high risk, you will be contacted by the NHS by Sunday 29 March 2020. Do not contact your GP or healthcare team at this stage – wait to be contacted."

Can I highlight our very supportive Breast cancer Group

Posting in this group will open up your concerns to a wider group of people who know exactly what you are going through at the moment. 

Follow the link I've created, join the group then introduce yourself to the group and post questions after selecting 'start a discussion' and you can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

I was diagnosed in 1999 with a rare type of Skin NHL. I am now over 4 1/2 years post my last treatment and 3 1/2 years in remission

The advise for me from my team based on me being a blood cancer patient who has a reduced immune system "...... you are basically back into a three+ months isolation controlling everyone I come in contract with and where and what I do.

She also said ” we don't know how you would react to this virus - let’s be safe and not sorry”

This may not be much help for you - sorry..... but this virus can not be underestimated.

((Hugs)) from a distance.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge