Fatigue

• 26 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Anyone got any coping strategies for almost permanent fatigue? Sleep doesn't get rid of it.

• Daughter sent me this photo an hour ago......... this is just 30 mins from Inverness - crazy weather.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Been quiet for a while while I try and take stock. I have stopped doing some health checks in the aim of taking the stress out of things, e.g. temperature. I have to accept that it is half to a degree higher than it was, and no one is worried. Fatigue is easing up slightly. I am also limiting time on this forum, in the many groups, again to save my mental health, and it seems to be helping slightly. I am not necessarily one to accept or believe platitudes (no offense to you I hope) but have always dealt in black and white as an ex engineer. It is complicated, this grey journey!! Self harm has become an issue (and I am now admitting it) of which my counselor is aware. So I need to take care. Message me if you so wish, but I may not publish much else for a while, though I do 'like' some posts even if I don't feel able or worthy to comment.

Take care, best wishes and thank you.

• Hi again and good to hear from you.

We all have to deal with the journey in our own individual way and its good that you are taking positive steps to move this forward. It just takes time but time well spent in my opinion.

I am also a black and white person..... but also have some space for living well even if the glass is only half full.

Do continue to like posts - as I know that you are checking in from time to time....... but being worthy?...... we are all worthy as we all have walked a walk that we were not asked to do, the fact we are still standing can be an encouragement to others who are back at that starting point the we all have been at thinking "How can I get through this?"....... my reply will always be one day, one step at a time.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Just updated my profile with background info which might help explain some of the issues with this journey.I am usually accused of running before I can walk, perhaps this will say why!

• Hi  well done you getting your profile done and it does help to paint a better picture of your journey.

Some people will live a life that is rather level with little or no bumps but the reality is rather different on a cancer journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

Community Champion Badge

• Life has always been like the reality, just got more extreme!!