After cervical cancer

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi I’m new and would love to chat to anyone who has had cervical cancer and life after as I’m struggling a lot and it’s so hard to talk to people who haven’t been thr it even tho I’m very lucky and have a wonderful daughter who goes above and beyond but I try not to burden her to much and just would love someone to chat to who can totally understand it all thank you. 

• Hi and welcome to this little corner of the Mac Community.

I see that you have posted on the Cervical Cancer Group so this will open up your question to a wider group of people.

A good place to start is this great paper, folks will actually come back to me and say that they think that the paper had been written just about them.

Lets see if we can help you along the road of the post treatment journey ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Thehighlander

Hi and thank you for your reply and I read the paper it made wanna post as i have been on this site since the beginning of my journey but have never posted for all kind of reasons. 

• It’s good that you have posted as unpacking the rucksack of stuff you have collected over your treatment can help the recovery journey.

Talking to people face to face can help a lot so check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area or a Maggie’s Centre as these folks are amazing.

After looking through the paper a few times I would always challenge folks to become proactive after reading through it and using it as a vehicle for change and life improvement.

So get a note book or some sheets of paper and put pen to paper - it is a good way forward.

So a page per subject heading. Start detailing the things you have done already to move life on in each area and then start to set some achievable goals to work towards. 

When you achieve the first goal on each lists, tick it off and then put a new goal at the bottom of the list. By doing this you can actually see your progress and celebrate achievements. When I say celebrate I do mean giving yourself treats and gifts........ you have life - celebrate it.

The headings would be:

What steps am I taking to regain trusts in my body?

What steps am I taking to regain trust in myself?

What steps am I taking to overcome living with uncertainty?

What steps am I taking to deal with the world?

What steps am I taking to regain mastery and control of my life?

Try it, the future is sitting in front of you - think about driving a car. The big windscreen shows the future, the past is in the little mirrors and is getting smaller and more fuzzy as we move forward.....if you concentrate on the past you crash.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge