Advice to encourage hair regrowth

• 1 reply
  • 28 subscribers

Hi, I’m 6 weeks after my final ABVD treatment, I lost quite a lot of hair but not all and I did shave it. 

My hair had always been fine and quite long and what is now growing back feels quite fluffy and fine also. However, the front, top and crown areas seem not to be regrowing that much and I can see a lot of my scalp still. I’m really worried that it won’t all grow back and wonder what I can do to help encourage it?

Are there any particular foods or vitamin supplements that might help? Any products such as shampoos or serums? Or anything else that anyone can recommend please?

thanks

Kairen x

• Hi Kaiten, a good question but I have no real answer apart from the hairdresser who worked in the family support salon in my Stem Cell Transplant hospital...... spa (the best word I can find) said to keep shaving it, or cutting it on a number 1 setting until the overall growth was even then leave to to grow.

I lost my hair three times, at the start it was very thick and wavy, not much thinner and soft.

You could try your question in our ‘Ask an Expert’. section to see what they say - these mostly Volunteer Experts so allow 2 working days to get a reply.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge