PTSD

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 32 replies
  • 30 subscribers

PTSD.   I have just had my third major surgery and so traumatized my counselor says it is PTSD and living with cancer which the surgeon says has been removed. He said last year he had removed the cancer and cured me !! The year before I had the colon removed a different hospital.

since a terminal diagnosis in 2017 of Colon Cancer which metastases to my Liver i have had about   20 weeks where I have not been On chemotherapy and the reason for that would be hospital stays and 3 surgeries. Each time I suffer really very badly from the pain relief drugs ,it is horrendous. I agreed to this recent surgery after a discussion with the pain management and agreed to an epidural. 

I was the worst i have ever been, with constant hallucinations , not knowing where I was , and fear, it was extremely difficult and scary. The first and second time of surgery was difficult and persuade the pain relief would be managed i continued, I asked if it is likely (I believe the statistics are about 5 years clear)

What happens the answer is the same as the last 3years. Chemotherapy and surgery.

I can't go through the effects of the drugs again  i still feel anxious and get palpitations thinking about it all.it is down as 'Cameron's my notes. I also feel embarrassed and let down.

So my life after cancer is 'anxious ' and I feel utterly lost

Ps my first experience with cancer was aged 7 childhood Leukaemia and I have been to appointment at the same hospital  each year since and still do now for checks and require d treatment. That's 42 years.

• Hi Buttercup001,

Thank you for your reply.

I have stopped looking up every ailment now, as Dr. Internet always seems to comeback to cancer. Even if you break a finger nail.

I am going to move forward and the only way I can do that (apart from this forum) is move away all things cancer, as it’s driving me doolally!.

I know Dave46 mentioned about going private but if I went private, I would pay around £200 to £300 and see my GP!. No, I will wait until February to see the in house counselling service.

Love and kindness,

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• Hi  again Lisa,

Having just read your profile, I'm not at all surprised u looked so much up on the internet!!

Good luck with moving away from all things cancer related- it can sometimes take over life can't it?

I hope you're OK between now n  Feb.

Drop us a line every so often to let us know how you're doing please xx 

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.