Numbness in thigh after final chemo treatment

• 2 replies
  • 28 subscribers

Hi, Last week I had my final ABVD chemo treatment for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I’ve had my usual post chemo symptoms but have also noticed this last week or so that I have a strange numbness sensation on my right thigh. Like I’ve been sitting funny and it’s a little numb right before pins and needles start. If I touch it I have sensation but it feels different to my left leg. 

Ive read about some of the nerve issues chemo can cause and thought I’d got through my 6 months of treatment without anything of this nature. I’ll be calling my care team tomorrow to discuss but was wondering if anyone has experienced similar? Does normal sensation return? Is there anything I could be doing to help?

Any info would be greatly appreciated 

thanks

Kairen

• Hi Kairen well done in getting through your treatment.

You will know that ABVD is a strong treatment and it will take some time to work out of your system. I am talking months rather than weeks.

You are correct in that numbness can happen but you are doing the right thing and getting it checked out.

It would be worth putting your post up in the HL Forum as we have folks who are still around post treatment.

((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Mike

I’ve just posted this in the HL group also. 

I spoke to my care team and they said to go see my GP in the first instance to rule out anything such as sciatica. If my GP doesn’t think it’s anything like that, then I should call them back and they’ll get me in to see my consultant. My next consultant appointment isn’t until 4th September so it’s whether he’d want to see me before then or not. 

Thanks

kairen