Advice

• 5 replies
  • 6 subscribers

My Husband was a UK permanent resident and went for an extended stay to see family in the United States. Whilst there two major events happened. Firstly he was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer which subsequently moved to his bones and secondly with the shock of his diagnosis we did not renew his UK residency permit. We have had to start the process of getting him back to UK from the beginning. My husband started a combination of chemo and immunotherapy which is currently given every three weeks and has started to stabilise his cancer. UK visa rules require that a successful applicant is given 30 days to arrive from the date of being granted a visa. I am trying to be pro-active about potential treatment for when he arrives. An oncologist has said that as his treatment started in another country he would not be eligible for treatment under the NHS. I am now trying to find a way of being re-united with him here and exploring the route of private insurance for cancer patients. Can anyone advise us of our options here or does anyone know of a company that accepts pre existing conditions and would cover him for treatment. I suspect the cost could be beyond our means.

Thank You

Pol

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is an informative and supportive place to be.

I can't help with recommendations for private health insurance in the UK but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet.

It might be an idea to post your question in the ask a financial guide section of the online community and one of the advisers will aim to respond within 2 working days. They probably won't be able to give you a direct recommendation but they should be able to point you in the direction of where to find a list of private health insurance providers.

It would be great if you could pop something about your partner's diagnosis and treatment into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hello Latchbrook, Thanks very much for taking time to reply and for your response. I will repost this and put something in profile. It's always good to get some tips when you first join. Again, Thank You

• You're welcome Slight smile

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"
  • Hi pol

i am sorry to hear ur situation .

I have no advisor give as I am not educated in the subject that u r looking to be advised about.

but I am hear to talk if u r interested as times can be very frustrating and lonely. 
    please let me know if I can be a help of any sort. 
    thank u 

ishan

• Ishan,

Thank You very much for your kind words

Paul