Stoma output

• 4 replies
  • 36 subscribers

I have an ileostomy and I'm on chemo. My output is very smelly its embarrassing it's also thick. 

I can spray but it lingers any suggestions? 

• Drink plenty of water. For a spray I found the best to be Ozium; it is expensive compared to other brands and is in a pocket size aerosol, but not much is needed. Available online only as far as I know. 

Dulac

• Hi  

I use a Fabulosa loo spray in the loo which is really good-it’s a little spray bottle and just needs a couple of squirts in the loo bowl.

Lots of stoma supply companies have their own brand of deodoriser to use in bags, like Salts and CliniMed for example, in a small aerosol can. I’d suggest maybe getting some free samples to see what you like-there are different fragrances like lemon or minty and you may not need to purchase an expensive product online. 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• I contacted my supplier yesterday apparently I'm not allowed to order them my gp won't allow the prescription. Shrug♀️

• Hi  

It’s crazy sometimes what isn’t allowed on prescription isn’t it? I’d just order some of the free samples online to be going on with where there’s no charge and you can at least get something. I have had loads of free samples ordered online from various companies so that I could try things without adding them to my prescription. Hope you have some luck with that! 

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm