Stoma support information and resources

• 15 replies
  • 39 subscribers

Hi everyone, it's Megan here from the Online Community team. 

I hope you don't mind me posting, i''m starting this discussion thread as a place where you can access different support resources.

We'll post links to our Community's new blogs and any discussion threads that may be helpful. If you'd like to, you can signpost people to this thread if they're looking for some additional guidance. 

If you have any questions or would like to suggest some ideas for our blog content, you're very welcome to email Community@macmillan.org.uk

Best wishes, 

Megan
Macmillan's Online Community team

• Megan If you have a look on the STV News page There is a bit about having a Stoma

• Hi sorry for the delayed reply, I've just come back on the site and seen your post. Thank you so much for this signpost, I'll check it out and see if it can be included in one of the other stoma series blog posts.

Please do continue to share recourses and signposts in this discussion thread if you find them helpful and think others of the forum will too. 

If you have any questions or need any additional support, please don't hesitate to email Community@macmillan.org.uk

Best wishes, 

Megan

• Hi everyone,

Thank you Sarah for sharing the charity's name. I'm only 3 months with stomas, but already had things I'm no longer use. 

We're so blessed in this country with a wonderful health care system.

Best wishes.

Dorota

• I second that. We are so fortunate to have our NHS  I couldn’t imagine how I would cope without my supplies. 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi everyone, 

It's Megan here from the Community team just posting a link for the second blog post in the Stoma series 'Stoma care tips'. I realised I hadn't done this yet so don't worry if you've already read it. 

Please don't hesitate to email community@macmillan.org.uk if you have any suggestions for our Community news blog content. We always love hearing what content our members would like to be featured. 

Best wishes, 

Megan