Terminal

• 1 reply
  • 21 subscribers

Hi how do people deal with there partners terminal diagnosis because I can't deal with it. My husband has terminal kidney cancer every treatment he's had to slow stop his cancer hasant worked for him , he was 14 1/2 stone and is now 10 , I have fibromialgia and he was helping me with housework etc but now can't so everything is a mess, all my family have gone quiet mute, I guess it's because they don't know what to say but it doesant help us, I feel so alone , stressed , anxious,  sad , scared I just don't know how people cope 

• Hi Amerly welcome to the forum and I am so very sorry to hear what is happening for you right now and how this is leaving you feeling. Im not entirely sure that people do deal with their partners diagnosis, but simply try as best they can to taka a day at a time and then another then another if that makes sense?  None of this is easy  so please do cut yourself some slack in all this. 

Family are strange beasts, some good, some  bad, some we could see far enough and a few loving and giving, so they are made up of all different types and I dont imagine yours will be any different. Is your Gp someone who you could chat with and see if they can maybe offer some support or refer to other agencies who could offer some support for you in the home? 

The other thing I wanted to say is that the Macmillan Line are available for you to have a chat with one of the Advisors and just either sound off or see if they can suggest any help that may be available to support you to support your husband. 08088080000. 

Sending some hugs your way for now. xxx

gail

Community Champion Badge