Surgery delayed

• 2 replies
  • 21 subscribers

My husband is awaiting a liver resection for a secondary cancer. Primary was bowel cancer, surgery 4 years ago. Was booked for 6 August, now delayed to 27th. This was after he was offered a short notice  slot for today which was cancelled due to anaesthetist running out of hours.  He is coping amazingly well in  circumstances. I'm not coping  which isn't much help to him. I feel I've come to get with the diagnosis, it's the delay plus being given dates which are then cancelled which is agonising. His surgeon is going on leave .  Is there anything to be gained by asking to be transferred to someone else?

• Hi  

Sorry to read about your surgery being delayed I certainly know how difficult that can be as have been there quite often with Janice. For us we have also been the emergency that throws the whole schedule out so perhaps have a bit of a balanced view.

I cannot say if there might be anything to be gained by asking about a transfer though of course it may take some time before a new team could find a slot. 

You are so right about how us getting overwhelmed makes us less helpful to our loved ones. I ended up doing a living with less stress course that really helped me.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge