Anger at terminal diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 23 subscribers

I'm sat here in tears my partner who has lung cancer and now has cancer in the brain was given a terminal diagnosis 3 weeks ago he was put on steriods and was coping ok. The last couple of days he has been in pain ( I didn't know)  today I've been screamed at all day on and off and he's like a wounded animal. We have older children together and je called our daughter to throw me put of pur house. It is his house we reconnected after 20 years apart 8 months ago I don't know what to do he wants to be left alone and I'm doing that but I don't know what to do he is so angry. I know its the cancer but I don't know what to do. I'm trying to see it from his perspective and I really am trying I just want to make his last month's happy and I don't want to burden him 

• Hi  

Sorry to read about what you are going through, of course in many ways I can relate to being a wounder animal and of course some steroids do have emotional side effects too. 

The only thing I have had in any way similar was when my wife kept reminding me to look after myself when she was in hospital, it is something many carers do have to learn and I know one thing that helped me with my emotions was to go for a walk especially if it could be somewhere green - fortunately we have a nice park nearby.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Morning thanks for the reply I have just taken our dog for a walk I slept in the spare bedroom last night and have said hello when he's come into the same room. My daughter said to keep the lines of communication open so that's what I'm trying to do. It's really hard as he's not got much time and he's spending it in our bedroom