Partners grade 4 brain cancer has come back

• 2 replies
  • 22 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed with glioblastoma 7 years ago, and since has been physically fit and well. A month ago he had a scan and they have seen some changes and he now has the cancer as a diffused disease? 

They have told us this is incurable, he is on chemotherapy tablets and on a study for a new trial called astrocrat. I feel angry at the world and that our whole lives have changed so suddenly - Has anyone had any similar experiences to this? 

• Hi  

Welcome to our community I hope you find it supportive and helpful. 

My wife's cancer is very different but in her case was incurable at diagnosis. However with two different types of chemotherapy her cancer became stable and for us we are left living with cancer - but that seems better than the alternative.

If we look at your feelings when someone has cancer we can see how anger is really common. I ended up doing a living with less stress course that really helped me in appreciating what we have as it can be easy to get lost in anticipatory grief. Helping to recognize the emotions as valid can help make them feel a bit less overwhelming.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi my partner has brain cancer as a secondary I'm angry at the world and feel helpless I'm completely with you x