Husband and Melanoma

• 1 reply
  • 24 subscribers

Hi-

my husband was diagnosed with stage 3 melanoma in 2021. He went through immunotherapy for 12 months.  6 months ago a pet scan showed a lymph node light up and a few weeks ago the biopsy showed malignancy.

yesterday he had surgery to remove the lymph node. The surgeon called and said that the surgery was unsuccessful as the lymph node was too close to an artery to remove. He said it did not look good in there. 

it has been terrible trying to support my husband’s emotions as well being consumed with worry and now trying to find possible treatment for him. Yesterday was a bad day. I feel so alone in dealing with this while keeping him emotionally afloat.

how do others deal with you spouse’s feelings without letting it eat you alive inside?

• Hi  

I'm not a member of this forum, as I was the one with melanoma, but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

While you're waiting for replies, it would be great if you could put something about your husband's diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"