Breast Cancer

• 2 replies
  • 27 subscribers

Hi everyone, I’m in complete shock and completely numb.

My amazing Mum was diagnosed with breast cancer in Tuesday. It’s in both breasts. She’s having a biopsy on Thursday. Sadly she can’t have chemo as she’s in dialysis.

she us thinking about stopping the dialysis but that means she’ll die with 10 days.

im petrified 

• Hi  

You reaction to that news sounds totally normal, There are a number of treatment options that might be available as we can see here, chemotherapy is only one 

Do you have anyone supporting you? We welcome you posting on here and remember if you might find it helpful you are welcome to ring the helpline too.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• We’ve just received a letter from the breast cancer nurse which states her mass is 51mm in her left breast with at least 1 abnormal axilla lymph node. The mass is her right breast is 22mm with no abnormal looking lymph nodes. 

I guess we won’t find out any other information until she’s had the biopsy. 

waiting is the hardest thing for us all right now. The cancer nurse was quite abrupt the other day on the phone and said the delay in her contacting me was due to the fact that she had seen over 100 ladies that day. I’m sorry but I don’t care how many you’ve seen. Yoh need to prioritise the ones who have had a diagnosis surely